The Smart Cities Council will conduct a Readiness Workshop for the city of Newport News, Virginia sponsored by Gannett Fleming and Sensus. It will include keynotes by Mayor McKinley Price, Andy Stein, Director of IT and Karen Jackson the Secretary of Technology for the Commonwealth of Virginia. Council partners will have opportunities to participate in a Solution Showcase and interact with leaders from various stakeholders and departments for the city of Newport News, Virginia.
Dominion has been invited to provide information about how electric companies can partner with cities to deliver livable, worksable and sustainable communities.
Topics to be discussed include - mobility, public safety, public-private partnerships, open data and emergancy management. City Manager recommendations for the Newport News Capital Improvement Plan for the years 2019 to 2023 can be found here - https://www.nngov.com/DocumentCenter/Home/View/15074 and inlcudes requested budget expenditures of:
- Over $126,000,000 for transit
- Over $45,000,000 for public buildings
- Over $55,000,000 for schools
- Over $93,000,000 for roads and bridges
- Over $41,000,000 for sewer rehabilitation
- Over $41,000,000 for stormwater drainage
- Over $101,000,000 for waterworks