Smart Cities Council is the forum where the public, private and academic sectors meet to solve urban problems.
We are dedicated to improving the livability, workability and sustainability of cities through education and assistance:
- Liveability: Cities that provide clean, healthy living conditions without pollution and congestion. With a digital infrastructure that makes city services instantly and conveniently available anytime, anywhere.
- Workability: Cities that provide the enabling infrastructure — energy, connectivity, computing, essential services — to compete globally for high-quality jobs
- Sustainability: Cities that provide services without stealing from future generations
We act as a trusted, neutral advisor to cities:
- to help them to become smarter and sustainable through a combination of action and advocacy
- to support them to tap into the transformative power of digital technology and intelligent design
- to provide citizens and workers with high-quality living and high-quality job
The Council delivers assistance through its global Readiness Program and resources:
- Readiness Content on its website, the Internet’s largest collection of free smart city resources and best practices
- Financing templates and case studies: Guidance for new funding models is now emerging, some of which combine public, private, philanthropic and development sources
- Policy frameworks and case studies: Examples of policies that promote economic growth while also safeguarding citizens
- The Smart Cities Readiness Guide, the world’s most widely used smart city handbook, available in several regional editions
- Readiness Workshops that help cities, counties, countries and private developers create future-proof action plan
The Smart Cities Council has offices in North America, Europe, India and Australia/New Zealand.
Its network includes:
- 40+ companies and 75+ expert advisors, with two national laboratories and 11 universities from 7 countries
Together, the Council’s member companies employ well over:
- 1,000,000 people in 150+ countries and have completed more than 5,000 smart city projects all over the world
Learn more and follow our efforts by subscribing to our free newsletter